Helmut Finner (Deutsches Diabetes-Forschungsinstitut an der Heinrich-Heine-Universität Düsseldorf, Germany),
Markus Roters (Universität Potsdam, Germany)
Multiple hypotheses testing and expected type I errors
In this paper we investigate the behaviour of the expected number of type I errors EVn (say) of multiple test procedures for n hypotheses H1, ..., Hn, where the random variable Vn denotes the number of type I errors. Special attention will be focussed on procedures controlling a multiple level and the case that all hypotheses are true. We consider (i) single-step, step-down and step-up procedures based on independent p-values, (ii) test procedures based on exchangeable test statistics and (iii) test procedures based on the range statistics. The behaviour of EVn will be studied especially for the case that n tends to infinity.
- Finner, H. Roters, M.(1994).On the limit behaviour of the joint distribution function of order statistics. The Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics 46, 343-349.
- Finner, H.& Roters, M.(1998) Asymptotic comparison of step-down and step-up multiple test procedures based on exchangeable test statistics. The Annals of Statistics 26, 505-524.
- Finner, H.& Roters, M.(1999).Asymptotic comparison of the critical values of step-down and step-up multiple comparison procedures.Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 79, 11-30.
- Finner, H.& Roters, M (2000).On the critical value behaviour of multiple decision procedures. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics. 27, 1-11.
- Finner, H.& Roters, M. (2000). Asymptotic sharpness of product-type inequalities for maxima of random variables with applications in multiple comparisons.Statistica Sinica, in revision.
- Finner, H.& Roters, M.(2000).Multiple hypotheses testing and expected type I errors.t In preparation.
- Spjotvoll, E. (1972). On the optimality of some multiple comparison procedures. The Annals of Mathematical Statistics 43, 398-411.