Shun-Yi Chen Tamkang University, Taiwan),
Hubert J. Chen (University of Georgia, USA)
A Single-Stage Procedure for Testing Homogeneity of Means Against Ordered Alternatives Under Unequal Variances
In this paper we apply a single-stage procedure described by Chen and Chen (1998) to test the equality of normal means against ordered alternatives, , in one-way layout when variances are unknown and unequal. Tables of percentage points and the power under a specific alternative needed for implementation are given. Relation between the single-stage and the two-stage test procedures is discussed.
- Bishop, T.A., and Dudewicz, E.J. (1978), ``Exact Analysis of Variance With Unequal Variances: Test Procedures and Tables,'' Technometrics, 20, 419-430.
- Chen, S.Y., and Chen, H.J. (1998), ``Single-Stage Analysis of Variance UnderHeteroscedasticity,'' Communications in Statistics: Simulation and Computation, 27(3), 641-666.
- Ghosh, B. K. (1975), ``On the Distribution of the Difference of Two t-Variables,'' Journal of the American Statistical Association, 70, 463-467.
- Marcus, R (1980),``A Two-Stage Procedure for Testing Homogeneity of Means Against Ordered Alternatives in Analysis of Variance With Unequal Variances,'' Communications in Statistics - Theory and Methods, A9(9), 949-963.
- Williams, D.A. (1977), ``Inference Procedures for Monotonically Ordered Normal Means,'' Biometrika, 64, 9-14.